Set on just two acres of land, Goldenbridge incorporates many of the classical features that were to dominate the 19th century. Its delineated pathways and high walls create an oasis of tranquility in what is now the heart of a busy suburb.
Goldenbridge is a 19th century ‘garden’ cemetery. After the passing of the 'Act of Easement of Burial Bills' in 1824 a committee was established to administer the proposed cemetery. The cemetery was purchased in 1828 and the first burial took place on the 15th October of that year.
There are 4,250 graves in the cemetery of which 498 have been identified as available for purchase at this time.
Goldenbridge cemetery has been designated by Glasnevin Trust as a conservation cemetery. In order to preserve the character and ambience of the cemetery, there are rules apply to the type of monument that can be placed on family graves, for full details and prices, please see pdf download (below)
Contacts & Location
St. Vincents Street
P: + 353 (0) 1 8826500
F: + 353 (0) 1 8301594
E: [email protected]
Cemetery can be visited by appointment only