Front of House Administrator for the Museum
Glasnevin Cemetery Museum.
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Museum Manager
The key aim of the position is to assist with all aspects of museum operations, particularly in relation to administration and visitor experience.
- Daily Responsibility for opening and closing procedures
- Operating the Museum in house content management systems to track and report on visitor figures
- Daily co-ordination of all museum operations
- Routine till use and daily cash handling
- Delivering excellent Customer Care to all visitors and guests
- Retail assistance as required
- Telephone and Switchboard services
- Working with groups, tours and events, ensuring a smooth transition between the various factions of Glasnevin Cemetery Museum.
- Weekend work as required
- Other Museum duties as they may arise
- Previous experience in a similar administrative/reception roles
- Ability to work efficiently in busy environments
- Experience using a high-spec Point of Sale system
- Excellent team work skills
- Strong inter-personal skills and Customer Service experience
- Flexibility as role will require seasonal hour changes, weekend work and occasional work outside normal hours.
- An interest in the history of Ireland and Glasnevin Cemetery is a bonus but is not essential
- An additional language would be an advantage